General Safety Precautions
- Keep all essential oils out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid prolonged use of the same essential oils.
- Avoid the use of undiluted essential oils on the skin, unless otherwise indicated.
- Perform a skin patch test to find out if you are sensitive to specific oil.
- Avoid application on open or damaged skin; and dilute known dermal irritants with appropriate vegetable oil or other carrier.
- Use with caution when you are pregnant or have been trying to become pregnant.
- Keep essential oils away from the eyes.
- Essential oils are highly flammable substances and should be kept away from direct contact with flames, such as candles, fire, matches, cigarettes, and gas cookers.
- Do not use essential oils internally unless properly trained in the safety issues of doing so.